Driving may be a privilege, but with the ease of access that modern man has to personal transportation, it’s become more of a right that we all expect to enjoy. Unfortunately, automobiles are not without expense. First you have to purchase a car, which can definitely entail major cost. Then you have to pay for registration, not to mention fuel and maintenance. And nearly every state requires drivers to carry automobile insurance on any vehicles they own (supposing they’re operational). In truth, with all of the money that goes into buying and maintaining a car, not having insurance seems like a major risk. You want this expensive item covered in case of an accident or other damage. But insurance can definitely be pricy, and if you’re like most drivers, you probably wouldn’t mind cutting costs in this area. When you are aware of the factors that can influence the cost of insurance, you stand to whittle down your costs considerably. Here are just a few major factors that could play a role in the price of your auto insurance premiums.
- You. One of the main determining factors when it comes to the cost of auto insurance is you, which is to say, your age, your status, your driving history, and so on. If you are a young and relatively inexperienced driver, statistics show that you have the highest risk of being involved in an accident. So you’re going to pay the highest premiums until about the age of 25. There’s not a lot you can do about this in the immediate sense. However, you could get discounts for being a good student, something that older drivers may not be eligible for. And if you maintain a clean driving record over a set amount of time your insurance provider may offer additional discounts as time goes by. So determining the cost of your coverage could rest heavily on your actions.
- Your car. The type of vehicle you drive is another major influence on the cost of insurance and it only makes sense that you’ll pay higher premiums for a more valuable automobile. You’ll also have to carry full coverage insurance until you pay off your car loan and own your vehicle outright (after which you may opt to switch to a less expensive policy). But you can temper costs by purchasing a less expensive car, as well as installing safety features like additional airbags or anti-theft devices (LoJack).
- Your coverage. The policy you choose will obviously determine the price you pay to a large degree, and the difference between, say, full coverage and liability insurance can be massive. However, you can also reduce the cost of your premiums by adjusting the deductible. If you’re a very safe driver and unlikely to cause a collision, it might not matter that your deductible is higher because the chances of you having to pay for an accident are slim. But don’t forget about issues like hit-and-runs on parked vehicles, or the fact that some states have no fault car insurance laws (where each driver in an accident is responsible for their own costs). Such instances could leave you holding the bag for a pricy deductible through no fault of your own.
- Other policies. Bundling is an excellent way to save money on insurance. Although owning a home or carrying a life insurance policy won’t directly affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, bundling your policies with a single provider could help you to save on all of them.
- Your insurance provider. It’s your job as a consumer to find the best coverage at a rate you can afford, so getting car insurance quotes for Alaska, Alabama, or whatever state you live in is the first step towards lowering costs. And while comparing providers and the policies they offer can definitely help you to pinpoint the lowest rates, don’t forget that these companies want your money and they may willing to negotiate or match competitor rates in order to get your business.
It is said that in business, location is everything. But does the same principle apply to buying a residential property? In truth, there are many other factors that jockey for priority when it comes to purchasing a private home. The square footage and number of rooms generally top the list, often followed by the age
Due to the current market climate and conditions, more and more people are becoming interested in getting involved in real estate investing to help them acquire more money and financial security. Real estate investing is a great way to make passive income, if a deal is smart. Real estate can be a fantastic and effective
Many people are getting involved in the real estate market nowadays to take advantage of the market. Its current condition is the opportune time to get involved since prices are starting to rise, but are not yet close to their peak after the crash a few years ago. While real estate can be a great