Your Biggest Money Mistake Contest
Last week, I told you about My Biggest Financial Mistake and how I broke some of my own money rules in order to “get rich quick.” I lost big by taking a gamble on Google by playing the stock options market. As I should have predicted, I lost a lot of money. Sadly, at one point the option contract had doubled in value, which is when I should have taken profits. But greed got in the way of my decision making and I ended up losing big.
Luckily, Stephen Cooper’s options strategy has made me more money than I have lost, so it’s not the end of the world.
As painful as mistakes are, these personal experiences are extremely valuable. Mistakes make us better, smarter and more experienced by virtue of a trial and error education.
So, I thought it would be interesting to give you the opportunity to share your biggest financial mistake that we could all learn from. By sharing your experiences, we can take advantage of the power of community and learn from each other.
But iIt wouldn’t be any fun without making this a competition with some prizes. So, here’s how this will work:
Two winners will be selected. The first winner will be for the best money mistake story. The second winner will be for the person that drives the most traffic to this contest webpage from their website during the course of the contest.
The winners will be allowed to choose between receiving a copy of Gregory Karp’s, Living Rich by Spending Smart, or Richard Templar’s, The Rules of Money – two must reads for your financial education.
- The contest will run from now until 12 a.m. CST on Saturday, April 5th.
- Simply use the comment form below to tell us your biggest money mistake, what you learned, and your advice on how to avoid the situation or make the best of it. Your story can be about a bad investment decision, a poor purchase, or just a bad financial decision in general. No limits.
- If you are a website owner, you may submit your entry by posting your story on your website and linking back to this webpage. Notify me of your entry by using the contact form with the subject line, “contest entry.”
- You may only enter once.
- Your submission will be scored by a panel of judges and graded on how relevant your story is to readers and how practical your advice is.
- The Website owner who delivers the most visitors to this post from their website during the course of this contest will also be selected. It doesn’t matter how your visitors end up here, all that counts is if that they originated from your website. It can be from 1 link or 100 links on your website, so be as creative as you like.
- Winners will be announced on this website on Saturday, April 5th and will be notified via email. Your email will in no way be revealed publicly.
- Second and third place runner-ups for the “most traffic” category will also be mentioned in the results, with a link back to your website.
Good luck! I look forward to reading your story.
Millionaire Money Habit: There is no substitute for personal experience, but the ability to be coachable or teachable is a quality that will make you very successful. –RT