How Wealthy People Think About Money
T. Harv Eker, author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth, believes wealthy people inherently think differently about money. We each have a unique “financial blueprint,” which is created over a lifetime of our exposure to money messages. Eker lists 17 ways that wealthy people behave and think about money:
- Wealthy people believe, “I create my life.” Poor people believe, “Life happens to me.”
- Wealthy people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
- Wealthy people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
- Wealthy people think big. Poor people think small.
- Wealthy people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
- Wealthy people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
- Wealthy people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
- Wealthy people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
- Wealthy people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
- Wealthy people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
- Wealthy people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
- Wealthy people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
- Wealthy people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
- Wealthy people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
- Wealthy people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
- Wealthy people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
- Wealthy people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
Increase your exposure to money messages that will help you develop your financial blueprint by downloading the Money Beyond Belief audio program.
Millionaire Money Habit: You control your ability to become wealthy and financially free. Make a long-term commitment to develop millionaire money habits, continue to develop your financial IQ and start thinking like a millionaire. The money will follow.