5 Extravagant Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
When it comes to celebrating Valentine’s Day, most people are willing to go the extra mile for flowers, chocolates, and a nice meal. But then there are those rare few who can use their 1% status (and attendant wealth) to show their one true love just how much they care. And for these individuals the sky is the limit (sometimes literally) when it comes to extravagant gifts. Here are a few you might want to consider if your funds are just as unlimited as your love.
- 1907 Heidseick. The “holy grail” of champagne, as it has come to be known, was discovered in a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean back in 1997. Since then, the roughly 200 bottles have become terribly desirable, especially since they’re the last remnants of the company that produced them. So if you’re looking for a truly remarkable beverage with which to woo your lover this Valentine’s Day, skip the Cristal and drop the $275,000 it will take to get a bottle of this vintage bubbly.
- Diamond engagement ring. You could spend anywhere from hundreds to millions of dollars on this extravagant gift for Valentine’s Day, but the real value is sentimental. That said, don’t hesitate to lay down some cash if you want that special lady in your life to swoon (and say yes). Or take a page from the Hollywood playbook and surprise her with a trip to Tiffany and Co. so she can choose her own engagement ring.
- Quai de L’ile. This exclusive wristwatch from the very exclusive Vacheron Constantin may set you back to the tune of about $60K, but with 400 options for customization and invisible ink that makes counterfeiting nearly impossible, any man is sure to love this incredible accessory. And while repairs may cost you a bit more than, say, Ebel battery replacement, it’s bound to be a one-of-a-kind gift that the special guy in your life gets plenty of use out of.
- 52 Love Salute. It doesn’t get much more extravagant than blowing half a million dollars on a jet-setting trip to New York City for Valentine’s Day, and that’s just what the Four Seasons Hotel New York and Jetway Private Air have teamed up to offer this year. For a mere $487,000, you and your main squeeze can hop a private jet bound for NYC. The flight comes complete with a playlist of 52 love songs, as well as 52 love poems for you and your honey to recite as you lovingly gaze into each other’s eyes. Once you land you’ll have access to the hotel’s Rolls Royce, manned by a chauffeur, you’ll get a one-night stay in the Ty Warner penthouse suite (with round-the-clock butler service), massages in the penthouse spa, and a custom meal prepared by John Johnson, the executive Chef. Also included is a heart-shaped diamond necklace that numbers at – you guessed it – 52 carats (courtesy of Premier Gem Corporation). Talk about a night you’ll never forget!
- Your own private island. If what you want is a tropical vacation for you and that special someone for Valentine’s Day (or any other day of the year), then you might be willing to drop a few million dollars to purchase of your own private island. PrivateIslandsOnline.com has options in Belize, the Bahamas, and all over the globe. You could even get a manmade island shaped like a heart! What better way to say I love you THIS much than to offer that special someone an island paradise?